Help care for terminally ill patients and their families in our community. Volunteers are critical members on the team of caregivers for patients and families.
Who are Legacy Hospice Volunteers?
People 18 years and older who represent every part of our service area who give time and talents to support and broaden the work of our organization.
What jobs do Legacy Hospice Volunteers do?
- Friends or relatives of former hospice patients.
- People who have heard about Legacy Hospice and believe in the concept.
- People from both rural and urban areas.
- People from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Patient/Family support and reassurance.
- Assist the patient and family with projects.
- Be an attentive and sympathetic listener.
- Sit with the patient. Give family time to get away from home for brief periods.
- Run errands, provide transportation to appointments, read to the patient, and play music to the patient.